With the rapid development of science and technology, the use of metal stamping parts in various industries has become more and more extensive, and the quality and size requirements of the products have become more and more stringent. The ancient processing technology of a few products could not meet the requirements. Among them, the metal drawing parts are especially convex. During the drawing process of the drawing parts, due to the anisotropy of the material, the uneven thickness and the inaccurate positioning or the unevenness of the drawing die gap, the top of the drawn stamping part will be Untidy. For parts that require flat and beautiful ends, the trimming process needs to be supplemented. In the past, simple trimming techniques (flashing of simple molds or trimming on a lathe or spinning machine) did not meet the requirements of small officials, and work obedience was low. However, the desired effect can be achieved by using a rotary cutting die with higher processing accuracy.
Metal molds have not introduced the in-mold rotary cutting process in the past few years, and ordinary continuous drawing molds are directly blanked or processed by secondary rotary cutting. Direct blanking does not have high requirements on the mouth of the product, and the length dimension cannot reach the precision of the rotary cutting; the secondary rotary cutting process is labor-intensive and the power is not high. In recent years, the hardware mold processing equipment and planned technology have been developed very quickly, and many continuous drawing molds have selected the in-mold rotary cutting process.
Let’s analyze in detail how to change the in-mold rotary cutting:
- 1. Before the continuous drawing mold is directly blanked, it is necessary to leave an empty step before the blanking step, because the space required to meet the needs of the rotary cutting is changed. Ordinary small products and products with thin materials require an insert orientation of about 60*60. For large products, or products with thick stretch materials, the space required is a little larger. Ordinary continuous drawing dies are planned to leave an empty step before blanking.
- 2. Since the in-mold rotary cutting needs to take the slider and the distance needs to be met, the height of the template to be satisfied is more than 280 in the ordinary mold. If it is insufficient, the foot can be added.
- 3. The most important part of in-mold rotary cutting is to ensure the balance of the rotary laser cutting process. The tension spring force required by the bottom of the slider can be selected as a nitrogen tension spring.
- 4. In-mold rotary cutting is similar to single-process rotary cutting. Both use the die core and slider to slide back and forth to achieve the purpose of rotary cutting. However, the continuous drawing die has a small space and needs to be synchronized with all the molds. Therefore, the slider It needs to be small, high precision, and short distance. It is necessary to complete all the rotary cutting operations for 5-10 mm. In order to ensure that the mouth of the rotary cutting is even, we plan to accurately calculate the slider, and the gap should not be too large. Rolling needles are inserted around the die core, so that the sliding is stable, and the slider is not easy to wear.
- 5. There is another difficulty in in-mold rotary cutting, that is, the positioning center on the rotary cutting punch. For a single punch, the positioning center is placed in the product by hand, and then placed in the mold, and then the positioning center is taken out after punching. Internal rotary cutting cannot be manually relieved of the positioning center. The positioning center must be fixed on the rotary cutting punch, and at the same time, it needs to be moved back and forth, and it must be able to return accurately.
Link to this article：In-mold rotary cutting process for changing continuous drawing die
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：Cnc Machining，Thank