The tool material for precision parts processing refers to the material of the cutting part of the tool. During metal cutting, the cutting part of the tool directly contacts the workpiece and the cutting part, bears great cutting pressure and impact force, and generates severe friction with the workpiece and the cutting part, which leads to an increase in the cutting temperature. This means that the cutting part of the tool is working under the harsh conditions of high temperature, high pressure and severe friction to master the basic properties of the tool material.
So what are the basic properties of the tool material?
- High hardness. The hardness of the tool material must be higher than the hardness of the workpiece material to be processed. Otherwise, the sharp geometry of the tool cannot be maintained under high temperature and high pressure, which is the basic performance of the tool material.
- Sufficient strength and toughness. The material of the cutting part of the tool has to withstand great cutting force and impact force during cutting.
- High abrasion resistance and heat resistance. The wear resistance of tool materials refers to the ability to resist wear. Generally speaking, the higher the hardness of the tool material, the better the wear resistance. The wear resistance of tool materials is also related to the metallographic structure. The more carbides in the metallographic structure, the finer the particles, the more uniform the analysis, and the higher the wear resistance.
- Good thermal conductivity. Tool materials with good thermal conductivity have enhanced thermal shock resistance and thermal crack resistance. This performance is very important for intermittent cutting with brittle tool materials, especially when machining workpieces with poor thermal conductivity.
- Good manufacturability. In order to facilitate manufacturing, the tool material is required to have good precision parts processing performance, including forging, welding, cutting, heat treatment and grindability.
- Better economy. Economy is one of the main indicators for evaluating new tool materials, and it is also one of the main foundations for correct selection of tool materials and reduction of product costs.
- Anti-adhesion and chemical stability. The above points are the properties of the tool materials for precision parts processing. The choice of tools, especially when processing more precise parts, is very strict in order to meet the processing requirements and give full play to the benefits of CNC lathes.
PTJ Precision Machinery Parts Company specializes in CNC finishing supporting services for equipment accessories such as automation, aviation, basic scientific research, fiber optics, communications, semiconductors, electronics, medical equipment, and auto parts suspension.
Processed materials: aluminum alloy, stainless steel, magnesium alloy, titanium alloy, nickel-based alloy (invar alloy/Invar alloy, kovar alloy/Kova alloy), high temperature alloy, tungsten copper alloy, engineering plastics And other special difficult-to-process materials.
Processed products: precision mechanical parts, medical precision parts, aviation parts, instrumentation parts, optical fiber communication parts, electronic product parts, auto parts, shock absorbers, suspension parts, non-standard components, connectors, High-standard products in industries such as alloy parts, hardware enclosures, and radiators.