Company dynamicIn the machining of precision parts, cutting tools limit product quality and productivity to a large extent. Although the cutting principle of CNC turning is basically the same as that of ordinary lathes, due to the requirements of CNC machining characteristics, special treatment must be performed on the shape of the cutting edge when selecting a tool, especially when cutting the geometric parameters of the part. In order to meet the processing requirements of CNC turning, give full play to the advantages of CNC lathes.
When processing, we must pay attention to the requirements of CNC lathes for tools, so what are the requirements of CNC lathes for tools?
- High strength. In order to adapt to the large cutting depth and rapid feed of the tool when roughing or machining parts with high-hardness materials, the tool must have high strength. For long-handled tools (such as deep hole turning tools), it should also have better anti-vibration performance .
- High precision. In order to meet the requirements of high precision and automatic tool change of CNC machining, both the tool and its holder must have high precision.
- The cutting and feeding speed is very high. In order to improve production efficiency and meet the needs of some special processing, cutting tools should be able to meet the requirements of high cutting speeds. For example, when the polycrystalline diamond composite turning tool is used to process glass or carbon fiber composite materials, the cutting speed is as high as 100M/min or higher.
- High reliability. In order to ensure that the processing of precision parts will not affect the smooth progress of processing due to damage and potential defects other than the tool, the tool and its combined accessories must have good reliability and strong adaptability.
- High service life. The continuous wear of the tool during the cutting process will lead to a change in the machining size. As the tool wears, the cutting edge (or tip) will become blunt, which will increase the cutting resistance, which will greatly improve the surface accuracy of the machined parts. Decline will aggravate tool wear and form a vicious circle.
- Good cutting and chip removal performance. Effective chip breaking and chip removal performance is of great significance to ensure the smooth and safe operation of CNC lathes. Therefore, the tools used in precision parts processing, whether roughing, finishing or special processing, should have a longer service life than ordinary lathes, in order to minimize the number of tool changes or grinding and tool setting. Ensure the processing quality of parts, improve production efficiency, and long-life tools can complete at least 1-2 shifts of processing.